La Scala restaurant at The Sukhothai Bangkok, a stylish, contemporary haven of classical Italian cuisine, welcome David Tamburini from Tuscany, twice awarded Michelin stars, as their new Italian Chef.
Following his recent position as Executive Chef at Giando Italian Restaurant, Hong Kong, David’s passion for food, its preparation and cooking, combined with his continuing strong interest in Asia led him to Thailand.
Back in Sicily, David studied the different ingredients and food preparation techniques of southern Italy and expressed his desire to give to them a more contemporary ﬂavour, whilst meticulously developing his own personal style of cooking.
Creative flair, a combination of traditional Italian recipes and his own renowned creations will form the basis of David’s menu at La Scala. “It is indeed a great honour to be part of The Sukhothai family at such an iconic restaurant as La Scala, and I want to satisfy our diners with truly contemporary Italian flavours,” he says.
Bringing with him the different components and traditions of southern Italy, David is introducing a unique selection of special dishes that include appetizers, pasta, main dishes and dessert. The new menu has been carefully created and offers an exceptional choice of “not to be missed” dishes, prepared and cooked with premium grade, optimum quality ingredients. Each dish follows Chef’s secret recipes, exclusively applied with special techniques that ensure enticing presentation and irresistible, delectable taste
David Tamburini’s Specials include :
- Crostino di fegatini alla Toscana : Chicken and Foie Gras Pate, Pan Brioche and Sweet Onion Juice
- Polipo e Patata : Crispy Potato Skin filled with His Foam, Grilled Mediterranean Octopus, Green Olives and Marjoram
- Pasta al Cavolfiore : Filled ‘Pastificio Gentile’ Zite, Provola Cheese, Light Cauliflower Cream, Dried Capers and Anchovies
- Spaghetti alle melanzane bruciate : Slightly Smoked Eggplant ‘Pastificio Gentile’ Spaghetti, Grated Ricotta Cheese and date tomatoes
- Coniglio arrosto alla ligure : Roasted Rabbit ‘Ligurian flavor’, Taggiasche Olives, Pine Nuts and Thyme
- Rombo selvaggio, alghe e patate all’aglio : Pan-fried Wild Turbot, Seaweed Butter from Bordier, Samphire, Sea Vegetables and Garlic Potato Puree
- Bistecca alla fiorentina : “Fiorentina” T-bone steak (1.2 kg) Served with Florentine Spinach, Potatoes and Salad
- Arancia : Orange Zabajone in Crispy Orange Shell, Roasted Almonds Sauce